Many, many people (perhaps including you), do not always appreciate librarianly advice - perhaps not even ASK for it.
So, I know you haven't asked for this, but let me do the honours and 'unwrap' the contents of a virtual Christmas stocking - just for you, dear Engling. The collective wisdom of five library staff have put these stocking 'fillas' together...............I am sure that you will enjoy every one!
- Watch David Tennant, and others in 'Much Ado About Nothing' on Digital Theatre Plus (check here for login details)
- Read a Cambridge Companion online- just so easy to download a chapter onto your paperwhite Kindle paperwhite to take on that skiing trip you have planned
- Pinterest - our Library's newly purchased books and DVDs. You might even spot the perfect dissertation secondary crit book there
- Think differently - read the 'Ragged-trousered philanthropists' (staff member recommendation)
- Mug - bring to the first tea@three in the Library in Lent Term
- UbuWeb - what, you've never heard of it? Somewhere in the ether it says that: "UbuWeb was founded in response to the marginal distribution of crucial avant-garde material"
- London Underground Shakespeare map - a very very cool map for the visually minded and the RSC have been especially inventive in promoting it. Quick- you might get a tea towel for mum for Christmas.
- USB powered electric pencil sharpener - to use just before you go into the Manuscripts Room at the UL
- Bookfinder or AddAll are good sources for finding cheap copies of texts that you want to scribble in - highly recommended by library staff who get twitchy when you write in books
- ejournals@cambridge....hmmmm....the best evah site to find ALL the online journals Cambridge has - pleeeese don't just use JSTOR
Well - we've dredged what's left of our collective brains and there's nothing left.......ENJOY your Christmas stocking and have a very good vacation.